Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Trends: Spring 2013

By just having a look at the new trends for Spring 2013, I must admit I am very excited and I cannot wait for this terrible weather to fade away! 

One trend this Spring 2013 or should I say 3 trends - because they are all compliment each other would have to be Lace, Mesh and Sheer. What I love about these three trends is that firstly they all work well together and they can make any outfit sexy without having a lot going on. Celebrities have already jumped on the bandwagon for instance Jennifer Lopez stunned all of us at The Golden Globes with her  beautiful sheer Zuhair Murad white gown, I absolutely LOVED this look on her! 














Monochrome madness is what I call the trend of going back to basics with the black and white ensemble. Seen at Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang and Jil Sander monochrome has never seemed so right. So simple and bold - the pair are inseparable. Black is somewhat becoming one of my favorite colours to wear, one can never go wrong with black. I think when it comes to monochrome less is more, so keep accessories quite minimal and let the outfit do the talking.











This spring get ready for stripes, plaid and checks! From Marc Jacobs to Paul Smith to Topshop Unique, stripes checks and plaid can all be seen in several catwalk collections this season. I love this trend. Even high street stores such as Zara have a few striped items which you can purchase now. I've always been a fan of checkered shirts! They are so easy to wear. I would definitely say head to toe stripes is one trend for the daring. As for those who aren't exactly the most daring, an easier way to achieve the stripes trend is to go for black and white stripes. Which will result in accomplishing two trends in one! (monochrome and stripes)
Florals have been on trend for many seasons and this season we see floral print come back! With designers such like Ashley Isham and Bora Aksu be sure to see girlie chic be embraced this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment